27 June 2008

Fellowship and Lessons Learned

Oh how I've missed Christian fellowship. Being in Germany makes you incredibly thankful for the little things in life, as well as the things you never realized you truly need. Christian fellowship is something that I've taken advantage of over the years, not realizing the necessity that it is. I need fellowship. Every part of me, to my core, needs to be fed and spurred on by fellowship.

This evening one of the ladies of our chapel invited the "4 Polish gals" (2 of us are married with deployed spouses and don't plan on kids any time soon; 2 are single soldiers who graduated from college the same year as me) over for dinner. We all headed over there around 1800 (6 p.m.) and only left at 2230 due to work tomorrow morning. We discussed everything from movies with Christian and atheist undertones, to books, the mission field, and culture. Overall it was a lively discussion that challenged each of our ways of thinking. We all come from different backgrounds, are in different places in our Christian walks, and have studied different things along the way. It was so much fun to be a part of those discussions again! It got me reminiscing about college and going out to Barnes & Noble, grabbing coffee and a pile of books, and just talking with Eady or any one in the Jax crew. This is where I'm supposed to be. I know it!

I tried so hard to make things work and truly make each of the ladies in our FRG my friends and maintain fellowship with them. There was a hard lesson learned there. Fellowship belongs among Christians; it's to encourage and challenge us in our walk and our faith. You can't have fellowship, true Christian fellowship, with non-Christians. It's just not possible. So, I will always be there to listen and encourage them, to be a friend, but my home is at the chapel. My heart is with the Christian body. My love is for Christ.

No comments: